So, my friend Shauna emails me this morning and asks do I have a blog. Ha! She thinks I'm technically inclined or something. Then, of course, I have to create one because she asked and she has one. And so begins my blog, even though I have no idea what I'm doing. This ought to be interesting . . .
It's 73 degrees outside at 9:50 in the morning, with 100 degrees pegged as the high later today. I'm sitting in a cubical with a fan blowing and trying hard to focus on work. Yeah, right. It's a Friday. We should all take the day off and eat Popsicles until we're sick. Remember the good ol' days when you could run through the sprinklers in a bathing suit and not worry what the neighbors thought? Yeah, those were good times.
Now, we're adults. We go to work every day, have to do our own laundry, and clean our own homes. We have to earn our money, pay for gas, and budget for groceries. If only we had known! The worst part is that we probably wouldn't have changed a thing. That's human nature for you. We see it coming and still don't duck.
Work is calling - and loudly! Thank goodness for weekends that save our sanity. You can bet at 5:00 I'll be dreaming of the Popsicle and licking my lips. Until then, data entry and more! Happy weekend!
2 comments:
Ok… You are hilarious! I will admit- I too miss those days of running through the sprinklers and eating popsicles with no care in the world. I love your blog and I think is hysterical that you created one instantly. I was a bit more challenged when I started mine—I had to ask for assistance from Mr. Matt. Keep posting- and I’ll keep commenting. You made my day!
You are funny Katie and sooooo right! Hope you had a great 4th of July!
Post a Comment