My second major league baseball game was on May 28, 2011. Shauna and I went Matt-and-Little-Man free to see the Washington Nationals vs. the San Diego Padres. The weather was much better and because the stadium is newer than Baltimore we got more of a breeze. We were still hot and sweaty, but we didn't lose our body weight in sweat. Bonus!
I guess I'm a terrible fan because I don't remember the outcome of either game we attended. My goal was to soak in every bit of the all-American experience, and that's what we did! Shauna had a hot dog at the game; I had a cheeseburger. Yummy!
The best part was when it started to rain and all the people with the expensive seats started running for cover. Shauna and I just sat in our seats under the overhang and continued watching the game. It wasn't raining enough that they called a delay, so the game continued while everyone was hovering somewhere else. Note to self: if you ever buy season tickets to a baseball game (or any other sport) buy them under the "covered" section if you can. Saves you from having to remember an umbrella and miss parts of the game if/when it rains.
The coolest part of the entire game was before we even got there. We got off the metro, rode up a couple of escalators, and walked out right in front of the stadium. So cool! I wasn't expecting that at all and it kind of took me by surprise. Plus, we asked for "cheap seats" out of direct sunlight. We were looking at about $20/seat. Then, out of nowhere, the cashier says, "Or I can get you a deal where you get a seat and a hot dog and drink for $14." What?! You can't tell us that up front? Jeesh. So, that's what we did. Cheap seats with food and drink included. It was great! And it was just as much fun, if not more so, than the Baltimore game.
Here are a few pictures I caught at the Washington Nationals game:
Did you spot the Washington Monument in the background? Amazing! That monument was everywhere! You could see it from so many places. And the real thing, up close, was majestic. (Pics of that coming soon.) Hooray for baseball!
















No comments:
Post a Comment