Backgrounds

7/29/10

Dreams vs. Nightmares

Last night, I had a dream. It woke me up at exactly 4:00 a.m., at which point I could NOT go back to sleep. (This makes for a not-so-great day. I'm barely coherent with a good amount of sleep, but limit me to four short hours and we have trouble ....)

My dream was this:

A certain cute boy, who shall remain nameless, told me to meet him at Provo High School to go on our first date. Traffic was bad, I was late, and he wasn't there. I ran towards University Avenue to look for him, and sure enough he was running in place on the corner of University and Bulldog with two of his best buddies. He didn't hear me when I hollered his name, so I started running to catch up with them. The light (of course!) turned red so they could run across the street. I picked up the pace to try and reach them, but the boys, having ultra long legs, out-ran me. Somehow, I had a cardboard box around my waist that was keeping me from moving my stubby legs any faster, and no matter how hard I tried to get the blasted box off of me, I couldn't get rid of it! The boys kept running, crossed another street, went up a set of stairs, and then did a 180 to run down a set of stairs. I was standing across the street watching them as they turned and wishing my lungs would fill with air so I didn't pass out. At this point, cute boy waved at me and smiled. Then, I woke up. 

This is not all. Oh no. It gets better. The thing I remember most vividly was the color of cute boy's running outfit. He had on light pink sweatpants, hot pink shoes with two wide white stripes, a dark pink hoodie, and a hot pink sweatband on his head that matched his shoes. It was over-the-top in pinkness. 


So, tell me psychoanalysts, what the heck all that means?! I can handle the whole running away from me thing (it's really nothing new), but what the heck is up with all the pink? For real, I need answers, because I'm beginning to think this was not a dream - it was a nightmare!

No comments: