
It's not very often that I have free time (between work and school, there's VERY little of it), but when I do have free time, I absolutely LOVE to read.
Recently, I stopped at Sam's Club (one of my favorite book joints) to see what paperbacks were for sale. (So hate me - I'm a cheap skate.) They had all of the Percy Jackson series in paperback, except book five, for $4.98 each. Book five only came in hardback for $10.98.
I bought the whole series. And I also bought the first book in his new series (The Red Pyramid).
And then I had a few minutes of free time. Big mistake. HUGE! I picked up The Lightning Thief and now have to finish the series as soon as I can. The thing is, I'm always behind the times when it comes to books like this. With Harry Potter, I didn't read the first book until after the third book came out, and I refused to buy any of them in hardback because I didn't know whether or not I'd like it. Then, I fell in love with the series, and replaced the first three books I had in paperback with hardbacks. I have the whole series in hardback now. And I'm afraid I may have to do the same thing with the Percy Jackson series.
Great. More money spent. On a freakin' paper fettish. That I inherited from my mother. Who has one of the largest libraries I've seen. And who has read nearly every book in that library. It's a sickness, I tell you. A disease. Of huge proportions. In fact, I used to dream as a little girl about two things (and no, it wasn't who I'd marry and what kind of wedding I'd have - that's just plain silly stupid!):
1) Having a room in my house devoted to music, complete with a grand piano
2) Having a library room with hundreds and hundreds of books and a moving ladder to reach them
This means that free time is really evil. Heh. I knew it all along. Too bad I don't care and will be looking for every opportunity to fill that free time with words and paper and binding that smells divine. Yes, I just admitted to loving the smell of books. Do you think they could put that in an air freshener for my car? Hm. Maybe I'll also have to invent that in my free time. I'd buy it.
1 comment:
Just finished the Lightening Thief and loved it! I need to buy the others...Sams Club, here I come!
Post a Comment