Backgrounds

6/20/11

MLB - Baltimore Orioles

Ahem. I grew up in a baseball town and never played a day of baseball. The only games I watched were a few friends while growing up and then some games in high school (our team was pretty dang good). That's it. 

Until May 26th, 2011, that was my experience with baseball. Then, Shauna and Matt and their Little Man introduced me to the "real" thing. My first major league baseball experience was at Camden Yards with the Baltimore Orioles. In spite of our near death experience because of the heat, it was actually really fun! 

I'm not gonna lie, the field seemed so tiny. We were in the cheap seats, but I don't think that had much to do with it. On TV the field looks so big to me. In person, not so much. And I was surprised at how slow the game moved. Not that it was boring ... there was just a lot of time to talk and laugh and eat between things. It's that kind of stuff that really makes it a family game anyway, right? 

These are a few of the sights from my first major league baseball game. 



























But the cutest pics were of this Little Man with his dad:




 

THAT is what makes baseball the all-American sport. I do believe this was Little Man's first major league baseball game as well, so we now have a common bond. Other than my dangly earrings, I mean. Don't you just want to pinch his cute little cheeks?!

It was MIGHTY hot that day in Baltimore. Little Man almost melted. By the time we got tickets and finally found our seats, this is what he looked like:




It's a miracle none of us died of heat stroke. I think we later learned it was 89 degrees with about 90% humidity. Yeah. HOT. So worth it though! The whole experience was all the better because of the great company.

1 comment:

Linda said...

glad you didn't die of a heat stroke! looks like fun!