Let's just start the month off with a little complaining and get it out of the way right now. We all have pet peeves. Admit it. You have 'em. Some of mine have REALLY been bugging me lately, so I thought maybe sharing them here would get them out in the open and alleviate the "everyone I see is a punching bag!" feeling. Admit it. You've had that feeling, too.
Pet Peeve #1: People who like to "smother" me. I have a mom, thanks. I don't need you to look out for me or take care of me or baby me. Even if I didn't have a mom I think I'd still feel this way. Personal space people. Let me have it!
Pet Peeve #2: People who talk down to their kids. YOU birthed that kid. YOU raised that kid. If the kid is doing something stupid it's probably because you haven't taught them any differently. And, I swear, the next time I hear a derogatory remark from a mother to their kid such as, "Can't you read the label?" I'm going to throw a right hook that'll land me in jail.
Pet Peeve #3: People (hm, notice these all have to do with people ...) who argue when I tell them something I know to be true or when I say, "I can't remember." You will never be able to change what I know for myself, and you shouldn't basically call me a liar if you don't believe me when I say, "I don't remember." My brain either forgot about it or never knew it, so back off!
Pet Peeve #4: People who are still caught up in high school (even after, say, 35 or 40 years) and still think a "popular group" exists and want to be part of it. Get over it! You can always be nice to people, but there are some people you just can't be BFFs with because it would drain you emotionally, mentally, and any other -ally way. My being nice does NOT mean we are BFFs or that you have been given permission to stalk me, smother me, or be around me every minute. Find another hobby.
Pet Peeve #5: People who don't/can't laugh. Come on! Life is funny, dangit. There's SO much to laugh about! I'm a serious sort. I'm contemplative and analytical, sometimes boringly so, but when something deserves a laugh I give it and I give it loud and proud!
That's enough for today. Phew. It actually helps to have that down in written form. And if you're comment to this post has anything that resembles a "you shouldn't feel that way" comment, you can put yourself down as my pet peeve #6 because I'm human and I have feelings and I'm entitled to feel the way I feel and ain't nothin' gonna change it.
I feel so much lighter ....
No comments:
Post a Comment