No, not a baby.
My KitchenAid came today!!! I want SO much to spend the night baking away making cookies and bread and all sorts of other goodies. But alas, I must do my visiting teaching and homework. Sometimes I really hate being a responsible adult.
The truth is, I really want to go home and sleep and THEN do a bunch of baking. My throat started hurting on Saturday night (thank heavens for pellet ice at work!) and now my head is all fuzzy. Thank you, OTC Claritin, for not helping me one bit with allergies this year. Actually, it's probably a cold since David has had one for about a week now and he loves to cough on things. :D Yay for us. Guess it's time to start taking Vitamin C.
That reminds me. When I was little (around 4 or 5 maybe) Shauna and I found the Vitamin C bottle at her house in her parent's bathroom. (Remember this, Shauna?) Yeah, um, we ate the whole bottle between the two of us. All I remember after that is being sick in the middle of the night and puking up orange foam. Gross. Don't worry, I won't be doing that again any time soon. Besides, they make Vitamin C in other flavors now. Like lemon and lime. Not sure why I felt the need to expound on that.
Anyway ... I came to work without makeup on this morning. SCARE - Y. Lots of people looked at me funny. A few people asked if I was feeling okay. Yeah. I just look like death warmed over because I didn't put on my face. Thanks for asking. Thanks for wanting to know why I look more awful than I usually do. Whatever. The reason I didn't wear it (since I normally won't go out in public without it!) is that my right eye, for whatever stupid reason, would NOT curl OR hold mascara this morning. I tried two different curlers and four different mascaras. Ridiculous. Why can't someone invent a permanent "paint" for lashes that you can apply yourself again after they grow back in from falling out? There would be serious money in that people. That way, you'd always have "mascara" on and all you'd have to do is attempt to curl them or whatever it is you do with them. Total time saver. Just sayin'.
And now I can't even look down without my nose running all over the place. Time to start bonding with the Puffs Extra with lotion. That new arrival might as well have been a baby for as good as I feel right now ....
No comments:
Post a Comment