Backgrounds

7/26/11

I fell off the blogging wagon ....

Ah life. Ain't it great? And incredibly crazy? And totally time-consuming? Yeah. 


It's been nearly a month since I last blogged and I still can't manage to get my pics posted from my trip to D.C. I really do intend to do that one day in the near future. For now, I'd just like to post a picture of this pretty little thing: 




Why yes, it HAS made my life a little more exciting. It's actually helped me get a little more organized (in this case "a little" means that it's better than the zero organization I had before). The iCal is great for appointments and keeping all my Young Women stuff in order. The address book is so zippy! I downloaded our ward list off the Church's website and saved it as a .csv file. Wouldn't you know that it imported lickety-split! Crazy fast. So now I have all the names and address of the girls in our ward right there on the computer with very little work. It's been so handy in so many ways. 


It's also good for the homework thing. Does that ever end, by the way? And to think that just the other day I said something to Mom about maybe going for a Master's. What?! Was I talking crazy?! Maybe. Maybe not. I don't really know right now. What I'd like is an education that will provide me with a good job that pays well so I can pay off all my school loan debts in a timely manner and actually start saving for life after 90 since social security will all be spent by Obama by the time I'm 42. It would be nice to have some security, and heaven knows we can't count on the politicians for that! 


Anyway, the point is, it's been a good investment and I'm very happy with it. It's also helping me get familiar with other programming that will be used in my field of work, so I feel a little more ahead of the curve. Too bad it can't take over my life and REALLY organize things without my help. Do computers like that exist yet? If not, is somebody working on it? Like one that mind-reads and then puts it all on the calendar and wakes me up with a to-do list in the morning so I know which way is up? No? Darn.

No comments: