Backgrounds

7/26/11

National Squirrels!!!

We're walking along at the National Mall in D.C. one day and this group of school kids (okay, there were hundreds of groups of school kids!) is walking past the other way. A girl sees a squirrel on the lawn and squeaks, "Ack! A squirrel!" and then almost jumps on the boy walking next to her - like she's nervous about an attack. Ever so calmly the boy says, "Yep. That's a national squirrel."


It was all I could not to laugh out loud. Oh man. We kept walking and then I started laughing and shared with Shauna the conversation. Hilarious! From then on, we were on the lookout for national squirrels. The looked something like this:  





Yes, young lady, you should be afraid - very afraid! Perhaps we should hand out "WANTED" posters to everyone we pass in the hopes we will apprehend the suspects and prevent them from scaring any other idiot. Did I say idiot? I mean, er, young school girl approximately 13 years of age. 


National squirrels ... too funny, dangit! 

No comments: