Over the weekend, my mom and I found a steal (yeah, it was more like highway robbery) on a new sofa and chair. My brothers, David and Jon, are helping me pick them up tonight and move them in. Just what they wanted to do on a Monday night for FHE, right?
Anyway, last night *I had a thought that I should get everything moved out of the way so they could get the old couch out and the new couch in without too much hassle. I didn't want to be the cause of any unnecessary swearing.
(*I say "I" because it's never really me that has these thoughts.)
Because it was late and I was tired and had a headache and (insert any number of excuses/reasons here), I didn't follow up on that thought. My brother-in-law, Ron, came to help David get the old couch out and moved over to his house this morning and, in the process, had to move everything in my kitchen and a box behind the kitchen door. Apparently, per Mom's email this morning, "the box fell apart and there were books, paper, music, everything all over. I picked up what I could." Her exact words. Great.
When will I learn to listen?! If I had just listened to the prompting to get things taken care of last night and not been selfish about getting some sleep or whatever else, everything would have been done before they got there this morning and my house might still be in some kind of order. Things like this happen all the time. It's not an uncommon occurrence. I need to practice more patience and do the things that come into my mind without dismissing them as MY thoughts. Obviously, Heavenly Father keeps trying to talk to me and I'm so busy trying to make sense of the big things that the small stuff (the important stuff) gets overlooked. Bah! Learn to listen, Katie! Save yourself the trouble. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment