Backgrounds

10/29/10

It could be worse

It's been an incredibly craptastic week. If something could go wrong, it did. School is BEYOND stressful right now. Work is getting crazier as year-end approaches. Everything costs money. Thanksgiving (which means days of cooking and cleaning) is less than four weeks away. My apartment is a total disaster area, almost approaching the toxic point. And to top it all off, my oven might be wrecked since it took an hour to heat up to 175 F last night when trying to bake brownies for a work party. Yeah, not a happy camper. 
BUT ... it could be worse.  I was reminded of that very thing on the way to work this morning as I was feeling sorry for myself. There was a grocery cart filled with all sorts of belongings parked in front of a bus bench that contained two little eyes poking out of a tightly wrapped blanket. And my description does NOT do the scene justice. Yeah, I was humbled and teared up a little bit, too.
Then I thought, "You know, it was really nice of Heavenly Father to remind me how good I have it, especially after thinking things couldn't get any worse." So cowboy up, Katie! You've got it easier, even with your so-called troubles, than a lot of people. 
Yeah, it could definitely be worse.  

No comments: