I said something to a "younger" person the other day about feeling like Gumby. They looked at me like I was crazy. Gumby wasn't that long ago, was it? I don't really remember anything about it, but at least I know what it (he) is. As a reference for those who don't know what I'm talking about, this is Gumby:
The point is that you can pull him in whatever direction you want. He stretches to impossible limits without flinching. And that is how I feel.
My new job is great. I really like it. It's interesting to see a different end of the donation process. I like working on my own and doing my own thing. The music can blare from my speakers and nobody cares. People actually stop by and stay to talk for a minute every once in a while. I have a nice view of campus through a big window. That means I have a lot of sunshine - huge plus!
The reason I feel like Gumby? Well, transition begets more transition. My jobs were split between two people, so I have to train two people. That means my head is barely floating above water on my new job while I train others to do my former job. I knew it was coming, but I didn't know how much it was going to take out of me! Luckily for me, they are both fast learners. It will be nice once everyone is settled again. Maybe then I can stop being Gumby and actually do some seriously needed organizing of my new job. Now, if I could just figure out a way to chat with Linda more everything would be perfect!
Random tidbit of the day: I quite like a watermelon flavored Jolly Rancher sucker now and then.
Random questions of the day: Why do people hear warnings about a tsunami, hurricane, tornado, or tidal wave and not heed them? Do they really think they can outrun, outlast, or outwhit mother nature?
Fact: I despise Daylight Saving Time. And it's not "savings", it's saving. For real. It's coming around again this weekend and I'm so annoyed about losing that hour for the next eight (yes, folks, count 'em) months. Arizona and Hawaii are the two smartest states in the Union.
I'm ready for a nap. Or a long weekend. Or both. Or just no homework. I could handle that.

2 comments:
You are training two people?! Wow, you must be so busy! I couldn't agree more with daylight savings time. Though it is nice to enjoy the sun more in the evening, every morning I wake up feeling like I've lost an hour of sleep!
yes....tell me how we can "chat"
Post a Comment