Backgrounds

5/7/10

I'm not like most other girls

I think I figured out what's wrong with me.
I'm not like most other girls.

Here are some reasons why:
1. I don't like to talk on the phone
2. Gossip sucks
3. Being vindictive serves no purpose, no matter what a guy has done
4. Sarcasm is funny
5. Shopping is actually pretty boring
6. I don't mind hair in the sink
7. Clutter doesn't bother me
8. I don't mind doing all the laundry
9. Dinner parties and entertaining shouldn't be hard work
10. Girl bands/groups are ridiculous
11. A "good" date doesn't cost much - Del Taco Tuesday is great!
12. Mud sports are fun
13. Sexy pajamas and/or lingerie are a waste of money
14. Men's clothes are comfy
15. Jeans, a tee, and a five o'clock shadow are totally hot
16. Video games are great fun
17. I'm capable of changing windshield wipers and filling my tank with gas
18. Wanting a man for money is entirely selfish and will not make you happy
19. Asking for directions is not easy
20. Belching is cool, especially when you can say some of the alphabet

There are plenty of other reasons I'm not like most other girls. Don't get me wrong. I love my girlfriends, and couldn't ask for better. They are fun to talk to, laugh with, hang with, and giggle with. But I don't care about a lot of the stuff they seem to care about.
Tell you what. They can be the princesses: the Rapunzels, Sleeping Beauties, and Cinderellas. I'll be the Fairy Godmother that grants their wish and then rolls her eyes as they ride away in the carriage that will turn to squash at midnight.
Personally, I'll think of myself as Belle. She was a bookworm, hung out with her dad, and was annoyed with the stupid jocks who think they're God's gift to womankind. I like to read, my parents are cool, and smart men are where it's at. Yep. That's me.
I'm still not like most other girls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're awesome love your blog. And just to let you know, if you were Benny's age he would totally marry you. He just loves ya!! jasonandkimstewart.blogspot.com

Katie Miller said...

See, I was totally born in the wrong generation. The little ones love me, the big ones don't. Ben is such a cutie! If he were my age, I'd marry him in a minute. That's partially because I know he's learned how to be a man from his father. Maybe Jason should start coaching the men my age ....