Backgrounds

9/3/10

Ah, the 90's

I've written before about the awesomeness of Netflix. It's still awesome. :o)
Lately, I've been watching "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman", and it's SO 90's! Even the DVD covers are 90's: 
I'm still in love with Dean Cain. He was a totally hot Clark Kent/Superman. All ripped and muscle-y. Yowsa! And Teri Hatcher ain't so bad to look at either (even though I hate most pretty, skinny girls). 
The thing that cracks me up is I was addicted to this show. I waited for it all week long and was sad when that hour of television ended. Every time Dean Cain had his shirt off, I felt all giddy inside. (It still kinda makes me feel that way. Shh!) It was a "catch your breath" kind of effect every time that hotness came on the screen. (The bigger secret is that I thought Clark Kent was hotter than Superman. Something about a hot dude in glasses with loads of brains and good morals. Don't tell!)
Anyway, while I've watched it on Netflix, I realized how cool the visual effects must have been in the 90's. The characters were excited about having fax machines, email, and carrying HUGE cell phones. It's so fun to go back in time a bit and see what was popular when I was in high school. I'm amazed at some of the fashions (ick!) and the hairstyles that were popular.  You can bet I probably wore some of that junk. Or had my hair "styled" in something fashionable. Ten bucks my high school yearbook has some peeps dressed in the same gear and wearing their hair that way.
The nice thing is that Dean Cain is still some hot eye candy. 
I didn't see a wedding band in any of those photos. Just sayin'. Guess old crushes die hard, huh? Thank you, Netflix, for the flashbacks, and for giving me a little something (someone) to drool over.

No comments: