Then, I watch shows like:
"The Dead Zone" and realize ... uh, not so cool!
Of course, if she
had seen the future, she'd have known how awful that haircut is and would have selected a much better look. :o) All kidding aside, knowing the future would alleviate a lot of fears or concerns and give me some definite sense of direction. On the flip (and negative) side, would most of us really want to go on with life if we knew some of what our futures held? Probably not.
This makes me feel such great sympathy for Nephi and Moroni and other prophets who were allowed to see future posterity. To see your people kill each other and witness the end of the world and all the destruction - that's gotta suck something royal. I have great appreciation for those who saw future generations and calamities and lived to tell about it so we could read it today.
Guess I'll stop wishing away the present and enjoy it for what it is - a gift.



No comments:
Post a Comment