Backgrounds

9/24/10

Weirdos

Why do all the weirdos want to talk to me? 
Before I lost weight, nobody ever approached me in a store. If I asked for help (i.e. where's the ...?) I would get a response, but strangers never approached me or talked to me. 
The other night, I was at Walmart. I put some screen protectors in my cart and the guy in the electronics departments asked if I needed any help. Uh, no. I believe I already put the item in my cart, but thanks for checking?
Shortly after that, I looked in the camera section to price SD cards. In the process of looking for them, I found a free disc to edit photos, etc. I stood there looking at it and a guy came out of nowhere and asked if I needed help finding anything. When I mentioned the SD cards, he walked me over to them and asked about what size I wanted, how many gigs, etc. I said, "Oh, I'm only pricing them right now." He went on and on about how different cameras take different sizes and how I need to find out what my camera holds. Duh! I know what my camera takes; I wanted to price them - that's all. 
What makes the whole scenario worse is that it's always the weirdos that approach me now. I kind of liked it better when nobody ever talked to me. :o) 
The first guy was okay, but he kinda followed me around the department and eyed me. It was a little freaky. The second guy was okay, too, but he had terrible teeth and a high-pitched voice. Don't get me wrong - I'm not judging these boys/men/guys on their appearance, but it definitely adds to the weirdness of them "needing" to help me with something. 
Why the weirdos?! Why can't it be the cute, sandy-haired, gorgeous smile, you're-a-hottie guy at Costco that asks if I need help with anything? And then why can't he follow me to the checkout, load up my cart, and offer to help me to my car with it? And then ask for my name and number and if I'm free on Friday night. Hee hee! Yeah, right. Like that kind of thing ever happens. 
Don't I deserve better than the weirdos?

No comments: