First of all, Comcast is stupid and totally sucks. Their customer service also rates about that high.
Second, our router bit the dust. Stupid Linksys.
Third, we went with a NetGear router - and it paid off.
Fourth, I hooked up a home network on Friday night. Booyah! Me got smarts!
Here's the thing. I am not computer savvy at all. Nor am I a techie who understands the finite and intricate details of what a computer can or should do. I just envy those who do all that junk AND get paid for it. Geniuses!
But, I can read directions, and I LOVE putting things together. (Ask my sis-in-law Allyson about this. She was freaking out one Sunday night when they came over and I was putting together a TV stand for my parents without swearing, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.) In fact, I'm looking for a new entertainment center to buy myself for Christmas/Tax Return Deposit Day (yay!) and I am specifically looking for one I can put together myself. THAT is entertainment before being entertained.
So, I did it. I rigged a network. I even hooked up Dad's computer to the internet. (Sorry, Mom.) And my laptop and my netbook both get access much better than they did. And Netflix - what can I say? It's SO nice to watch a show without multiple interruptions!
Now, I need one of those computer savvy, techie people to tell me what kind of color (?) laser printer I should invest in. It looks like Brother and Canon are getting better reviews than HP or Samsung, but what the heck do I know? I'm tired of inkjet printers because they use up so dang much ink. For all the ink you buy with those, you could have three laser printers!
Basically, I'm proud of myself for getting our house hopping again.
And should you ever need to call Comcast for help, well, stop yourself before you dial. "Ma'am, because your router is a NetGear brand and Comcast does not support NetGear, you will need to contact them directly or use their online support." Duh!!! Don't you think I would have gone to them in the first place if my freaking internet connection had been working so I COULD access their online support?! There are obviously ZERO geniuses working with the finite and intricate details of computers at Comcast customer service. Whatever they're getting paid, it's too freaking much!
No comments:
Post a Comment