What is it with guys who always want to be "just friends"?
Every guy I've talked to about marriage wants to marry his best friend. But every guy I've ever liked has only wanted to be just friends. What is up with that?!
How come I can be their friend, or even their best friend, but not the kind of best friend that they want to spend any time (much less eternity) with? How exactly does that work?
I'm not complaining - just trying to understand the mentality.
See, I don't understand how a man who has served a mission, is faithful in his callings in the church, honors his priesthood, and reads his scriptures and prays and regularly attends the temple can really believe that he's going to achieve the highest degree of Celestial glory if he doesn't find a woman to marry in this life. Where is the work for the eternal reward? You don't get something for nothing in this life OR the next.
And why, oh why, do men think there's such a thing as the "perfect woman" when that person does not exist? Women know a perfect man doesn't exist. Why are women held to a higher standard? I don't get it. If a guy is looking for perfection, he better be perfect himself before he comes a callin'.
Somebody please help me understand it. Because I'm getting tired of being the (un-marry-able) best friend to every man walking the face of this planet. Don't misunderstand. I don't want to get hitched tomorrow. I'd just like to know what, exactly, it is I'm doing that prevents me from dating and being wooed and finding eternal companionship.
If it's not something I'm doing that's causing the "just friends" scenario, how do I knock some men's heads together so they actually get it?
No comments:
Post a Comment