Backgrounds

8/10/10

Totally Random Thoughts

Today's blog post is about totally random thoughts. 

Why won't the font on my blog default to Georgia? And why, after I change it manually to Georgia font, does it revert back to Times New Roman? For real. That's just stupid.

Why, when I take this,
do I still have to use a million of these
every stinking day?! 

How come the only meal I want to drink a barrel of water at is lunch?

Why does Yoplait Greek Yogurt taste like rotted cream, but this yogurt 
tastes delicious (even the blueberry flavor, which I normally abhor)?

I wonder sometimes what my kids will look like. Nobody wants to have ugly kids, right? Do you love them any less if they are ugly? Or do you just think they're cute because they're yours? What happens if they get beat up because they're so ugly? That can't be good, and it would be all my fault.

What was said to be "the best thing" BEFORE sliced bread since the phrase is "the best thing SINCE sliced bread"?

If I've already shrunk an inch-and-a-half in life, does that mean I won't shrink anymore as I get older? Or will I eventually be 4'2" tall and have to declare myself a little person? 

Some day, I'd like to tour the entire United States in this car 
or on this bike
with this kind of guy

and not care how long we are gone or what we miss while we are away.

Best friends are really hard to come by, and no matter how hard you try, some of them aren't really as good a friend as they profess to be. Email buddies or "convenience" friends never measure up to what I'm willing to give in a relationship. Thankfully, I have very few "convenience" friends in my life and they are easy to identify. We won't list names. 

My parent's 46th wedding anniversary is less than a month away. That seems like an interminable amount of time. Is it really possible to love someone for that long and be happy about it? 

If I died in my sleep tonight, would it really matter? Would people really miss me, or would it be a fleeting "aw, shucks" moment in their lives? In other words, have I really made a difference in anyone's life? 

Is it possible to get too much sleep? I mean, could too much sleep really kill you? 

Should I write another Christmas story this year or call it quits? 

Is it wrong to think about Christmas right now? In August? Because usually I start listening to Christmas music in September (with the exception of last year). Why is that not normal? All the baking and wrapping and decorating make me happy, and it only happens once a year. How is that right?

Maybe the Excedrin I mixed with the highly caffeinated Rockstar Recovery Non-Carbonated Lemonade I chugged this morning should not become routine since apparently it makes my brain vomit in blog form. 

2 comments:

Rachel Wilson said...

haha! I love your blog! the pictures mixed in with the text is amazing. (and so much easier to read that way!) You're awesome! I need to read blogs more often.

Linda said...

You are funny Katie!