Backgrounds

8/9/10

More Books

My name is Katie, and I'm addicted to books. Have I admitted this once before? It feels like it .... 
There's been a lot of talk about The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. On my week off of work, I finished two books in the Percy Jackson series and also finished The Hunger Games. I'm now reading Catching Fire. Now, this blog is not a book review site in any way, but sometimes it's fun to talk about the books you're reading. Maybe others have different points of view or explain something that didn't make sense, etc. Perhaps joining a book club is the way to go. But then I wouldn't enjoy reading because it would be something that was "assigned" rather than a hobby. Like Oprah's book club. I think I started two or three different books she suggested, and ended up hating them all. Not a good way to read. 
Anyway, it took a while for me to get into The Hunger Games


Everyone said how addictive it was once you picked it up and started reading. Honestly, I kept reading because there wasn't much else I wanted (or needed) to do. It's a fast read, which I like, but the story seems so unbelievable. It's not like the world of Harry Potter. I got lost in that, even though I knew it was totally unrealistic. This series isn't like that. This series is more like let's-see-how-unbelievable-and-out-of-this-world-we-can-make-it. The third book, Mockingjay, comes out at the end of this month. I find myself hoping it's the last book in the series ....
Mom and I went to Costco last week. They always have a large selection of books. I found a series by V.C. Andrews called the Dollanganger series. 


It's five books, and Costco had two books in one for $6.97, so I got the first four books in the series for practically nothing. That will be my next read (probably after I finish the last three of the Percy Jackson series). 
I guess the point of this blog is that it's nice to have a hobby I really enjoy. One of these days, I'm going to have more time to enjoy books that are church-related rather than young adult fiction or fun stories. Because of time constraints with school, work, and life, I'm not able to focus on books that take a lot of thinking since my brain is already pushed to the limit with other information that's supposedly going to provide me with income the rest of my life. 
On a side note (that has nothing to do with books), I slammed my right middle finger in the bathroom stall door at work. THAT was pleasant. Maybe I should write a book about it ....

No comments: