Backgrounds

10/7/10

Fragile

Dictionary.com's definition of fragile is: easily broken, shattered, or damaged; delicate; brittle; frail. That about covers it. 
It's a pretty small word that covers a lot of ground. After all, there are a lot of fragile things. Life is fragile - it can end at any moment. Feelings are fragile - they can be hurt with just a few words. Children are fragile - one bad memory can scar them for life. Friendships are fragile - you can lose a friend in seconds if you're not honest or trustworthy. 
There are a lot more things in life that are fragile. I'm not sure what drove me to write this post. Often, I think we forget how much we have and how it can all be lost in a matter of seconds, sometimes by the choices others make. Maybe that's why it's so important to enjoy the small things and take advantage of things like smelling the roses. We never know when those moments will be our last. 
Wow ... it sounds kind of depressing, but that's not at all what I meant to convey. I'm glad that life is fragile. It solidifies my knowledge that a loving Heavenly Father exists and knows what is best for me. My job is to enjoy the blessings I've been given and show my gratitude for them by serving others and trusting that the fragile moments (which will come) are the best teaching tools in mortality. That way, when we are called Home we have no regrets and leave nothing but good behind for those who must go on without us. 
Guess that means all of us, no matter our situation or economic status or educational background, are fragile. What say we start treating each other that way? Ah, yes. I see world peace covering the whole earth right now ....

No comments: