I love fall!!! It's my favorite time of the year. The smells, the colors, the food - everything about fall is great. It's quickly slipping away though, darnit! We've had cold weather the last few days and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon.
The saving grace? Pumpkin Stew. That's right, stew you eat out of a pumpkin. It's so delish! And I'm making it this Saturday for our Halloween treat. While I was at WalMart last night picking up some Christmas gifts and other things, I saw pie pumpkins on sale for $.78 a pound. Sweet! So, I picked up eight little punkins and can't wait to get cookin' on that stew.
This year's stew is going to have hamburger, onions, peppers, carrots, tomatoes, beans, and corn in it. We'll top it off with some Parmesan cheese or melted cheddar. Mm, mm, mm. That's good stuff, Maynard! I might find some other things to add to the pot, too. We'll see. I think my brother, David, is just as excited (if not more) as I am to get this party started!
I might have to make some yummy corn bread to go with it and a delectable dessert (for those who insist on some sugar-coated goodies with their meal). This year, my friend, Juliann, is coming over to eat with us before we head up to Spring Haven for a Halloween shindig. She's dressing up as Fiona (from Shrek), so the two "princesses" will be in for a night of good food, fun, and adventure. Yee-haw!
One of these days I'm going to either meet or be a chef. It's hard work to make such yummy and creative feasts, but so worth it when you get to enjoy it with some of the people you love most!
(It is okay to end a blog post on a sappy note, right? Okay, good.)
No comments:
Post a Comment