Backgrounds

10/27/10

Getting Giddy!

Oooh, I'm getting giddy for Christmas! The cold weather hit this week (sad), which made me start listening to Christmas music (my very favorite), and I'm now pretty sure I know what my parents will get for Christmas from me (hallelujah!). 
This is good news because I fret over their gift every year. Usually, I end up getting them something practical. Last year, it was new phones for the house. Boooooooooring! The only problem with knowing what I want to get them is that I can't post it here. (Dang you, Mom, for reading my blog!)
Let's just say I'm excited about it, even though I'm also a little worried it won't go over as well as I hope it will. They may very well hate it and wish I'd bought them another set of phones. Mom claims they love everything I do for them. But she has to say that because she's my mom. 
For now, I'll end by saying that my favorite song of all time is Sleigh Ride, and I love the Arthur Fiedler with the Boston Pops Orchestra version the very best. Although, Johnny Mathis does a pretty great vocal version. And, in the "spirit of the season", I got out my Columbia snow boots this morning just in case the white stuff had piled on the ground last night, but I was happy and relieved when we only got a skiff. The road construction is going to be murder this winter!!!

2 comments:

Sharen said...

Ooh, ooh, me too, me too! I LOVE the Boston Pops version on Sleigh Ride!! I have a 4-CD set of all the "old" Christmas songs--Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, etc. My favorite CDs ever!!!!

Linda said...

Boo! I'm sorry, but I'm a scrooge! But I'm happy you are "giddy" about Christmas!